Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

GizmoTheDog
Topic Author

CBS All Access w/ DTV

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 am

Hello,

I searched the forum and the web for an answer and couldn't find anything related to my question. I have the CBS All Access app on my Roku and I also have a Directv subscription. Unless I'm missing something I cannot find how to log/activate the CBS app on my Roku using my Directv account. I am able to log in on the CBS All Access App on my iPad with Directv, but on the Roku app all I can find is signing up for the All Access subscription. Please help!

Thank you in advance

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Re: CBS All Access w/ DTV

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:33 am

I am guessing that's something new that hasn't made it to the Roku app, yet. I didn't even know they were doing that. So, I guess you got to wait for CBS to update the Roku application.

Edit: Only thing I am seeing via CBS for TV Provider is live TV and only via Optimum and Frontier Communications. Not seeing Direct TV as an option. CBS All Access is a separate piece.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

GizmoTheDog
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Thank you for the reply... I must be missing something then, because did see anywhere about using a service provider. All I was seeing was just signing up for the All Access service. Guess for CBS I will just have to stream from the tablet through Chromecast.

MacysBruce

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:22 am

trekkeriii wrote:
Edit: Only thing I am seeing via CBS for TV Provider is live TV and only via Optimum and Frontier Communications. Not seeing Direct TV as an option. CBS All Access is a separate piece.

Yep, those are the only two current providers that work with CBS. That network just doesn't get it...seems they really go out of their way to make things difficult. 
I will bring home anyone or anything I choose...including a one eyed Episcopalian kangaroo, if that happens to be my kinky inclination!