Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Rcosta

Re: Feature Requests - Fourth Quarter 2016

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Private listening (Bluetooth) with the Roku application for my Roku4. When the application was first released, the bluetooth audio stream was not recognized by the application when using the Roku4. I have noticed that recently the application has been upgraded to work with the latest generation of products. I would appreciate if the code in the application could be upgraded to fix the audio stream in the Roku4. I have a nice set of Plantronics Pro that I would like to use with my Roku and I would prefer not to have to go out an purchase an Ultra simply one year after the purchase of my Roku4.
Roku 4 w/32 GB MicroSD
Roku Premier
Roku Stick (3600r)
39" Roku TV
55" Roku TV
Asus O! Play Mini w/1TB
Sony BDP-6500 up-scaling 4K Blueray DVD

bigcraig01

Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:17 pm

1. Alexa Skill for controlling Roku TV's and boxes from Echo. (THIS ONE IS A NO-BRAINER!)
2. Actually license Alexa entirely from Amazon and implement it into Roku OS for a more complete voice control implementation. (Home A/V control for Harmony/Smarthings/Wink hubs.)
3. License/implement Google Cast protocol from Google if possible.
4. Better HDMI-CEC support for more devices. (Volume Control & ability to Power-Off)
5. Study the Apple TV & Android TV graphical user interfaces.
6. Lessen the cheesy-ness/thickness of the Roku remote design going forward and add voice control in every remote.
7. Play-To DLNA Digital Media Renderer/Control implementation.
8. USB OTA Antenna support and required MPEG-2 codec for decoding.

jbliguori

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 pm

same here
1. Alexa Skill for controlling Roku TV's and boxes from Echo. (THIS ONE IS A NO-BRAINER!)
2. Actually license Alexa entirely from Amazon and implement it into Roku OS for a more complete voice control implementation. (Home A/V control for Harmony/Smarthings/Wink hubs.)
3. License/implement Google Cast protocol from Google if possible.
4. Better HDMI-CEC support for more devices. (Volume Control & ability to Power-Off)
5. Study the Apple TV & Android TV graphical user interfaces.
6. Lessen the cheesy-ness/thickness of the Roku remote design going forward and add voice control in every remote.
7. Play-To DLNA Digital Media Renderer/Control implementation.
8. USB OTA Antenna support and required MPEG-2 codec for decoding.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:12 pm

jbliguori wrote:

https://github.com/chris1642/alexaroku/ ... 0Guide.pdf <-- If you want to not wait and don't mind the work, you can do it yourself. Just did, took me an hour, but worth it. I tell Alexa "Alexa Tell Roku to Pause" or "Play" or "Go Home" it works.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

kevinford

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Please include an option to power down the entire TCL Roku TV immediately (true off), instead of the 15-20 minute standby period.

I use USB powered bias lighting, and it's a bit annoying having them remain on for 20 minutes after turning off the TV.

kevinford

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Also tossing in another request for integration with IFTTT or Alexa.

BradC

Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Add me to the list of those desperate for native Alexa support.    

Not sure how that might be possible since it would require communication from outside the LAN ...maybe not even possible without local go-between server like julianh2o  solution, or rokus own cloud server, but whatever happens it will definitely be a game changer this year.  

power on/off roku tv would be great. 
chan up / down   roku tv
+/- vol roku tv
start chan by name 

fingers crossed.
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦

Depechefan

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:25 am

Thinking about buying an Ultra player. However I will need DTS HD passthrough so this is another vote.

Any word on priority of the current feature requests? Would be nice to know if this is likely to ever get implemented.

/M

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:05 pm

New thread for 2017 coming tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan