Apologies for the repost, but it's coming up on TWO WEEKS that I've been unable to activate two new Roku TVs and I do not yet have a fix from Roku.
Shawn, please read the ENTIRE note below. It should provide enough detail that you should be able to respond with a more useful comment than "did you try another browser?"
I purchased a TCL 28S3750 Roku TV on October 14 and have been trying and unable activate it with Roku for a week. The TV connects to the wireless network and the internet and gets to the Activate your TV screen. After entering the code from the TV into the Roku linking web site www.roku.com/link
, the site produces the error message below. This has happened the 50+ times I have tried with various configurations (described below).
“The website experienced an unexpected problem. There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem persists, please contact our support team. If reporting this error please reference the following url: https://my.roku.comundefined
I already have one Roku device and it works fine. That one is connected to my network via Ethernet. Thinking maybe the TV has a problem, I bought a second Roku TV (Sharp LC-32LB481U) at Best Buy that has the same problem when trying to activate. I’ve done factory resets on both TVs, as well as unplugging them for a few minutes before trying again. Geek Squad came over to try their luck and also failed to activate it.
Lots of other devices connect wirelessly to my network without a problem (Sonos, iPad, Kindle, etc.) and I even set up an open network on my router (Asus RT-AC68U) with no security and added the TV’s MAC address. I confirmed that the TV is connected to my router.
I tried activating on two different computers and three different browsers, as well as on Safari on an iPhone and FireFox on an Android phone. I cleared the cache and browser history. I even brought the TV to a neighbor’s house and tried unsuccessfully to set it up on his network. I contacted TCL who sent me to Roku. I called Roku four times and each time after trying all the usual things (clearing browser history, resetting TV, etc.) the problem persisted and I was told Roku is having an issue with their web site and to try again later. They gave no estimated time for a fix. I also posted to Roku’s Facebook page and a rep said they fixed the problem and to try again. No luck.
This is nuts.