Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kcarls84

Re: PBS channel - only shows loading circle

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am

I believe I have solved this PBS glitch.

I also ran into the problem of the PBS app just giving me a never-ending spinning circle when first installed on my Roku 3.

It appears the PBS app is very resource-hungry.  So, I went through my Roku and deleted several other channel apps that I rarely (if ever) used.

That freed up more system resources.

Then, upon trying the PBS app again, everything worked fine.  It loaded, went through the activation process, and is now working as it should.

I hope this information is helpful.

jontalk

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Mine works OK since it's on a 150 mbps wired connection though the design of the channel is lacking. In fact it's the only one that you can't exit by pressing the back button on the Roku remote. It's just weird that they designed it that way in my opinion. I also notice episodes of series like Sherlock seem to be aired and then suddenly stop. I'm praying the "Spies in the Wild" on Nature will be aired though you never know with this channel, LOL
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.

mc510

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 am

Speaking of that "loading" spinner, has anyone noticed that it spins in the wrong direction?

ginahoy

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:39 pm

I've been noticing this on my Roku's lately (Roku 3 and 2XD).  I assumed it was a resource issue at the server, not Roku. If I wait a half hour, it usually loads. I would consider 'subscribing' to PBS via donation to get access to more content, but the channel and UI is so poor I rarely bother with it.

One thing positive I noticed yesterday... they just added a "Resume" button. That's a big improvement. Before you had to start from the beginning of a show every time.