Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cosmoxl

Re: Premiere Audio Sync Issues with Amazon and Netflix

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 am

my folks' premiere+ has audio/video sync issues with any DD+ content.  Tested apps are Vudu, Netflix, and Amazon Video.  they are connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR.  Theirs is a 1080p setup only.

I experienced the problem when I was with them for the holidays.  I don't know if any subsequent firmware update has fixed the problem but from the posts I'm seeing I doubt it.

absmes

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 am

Further update - I really did not like the "cluttered" nature of the fireTV UI compared to the Roku UI.  Additionally, I use my streaming device in conjunction with a Logitech Harmony Hub and Amazon Echo Dot and unlike the Roku's channels, the installed streaming apps on the fireTV are not "accessible" to the Harmony app as Favorites, or to the Echo Dot as Friendly names.  This means you cannot use Alexa to directly start the fireTV activity AND run one of the installed streaming apps like you can with the Roku - e.g., saying, "Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on Netflix" results in an error (Alexa does not find a corresponding favorite or command) when used with the fireTV; whereas with the Roku, it results in the Echo Dot activating the corresponding Harmony activity to start the Roku and then automatically starting the Netflix channel.

So, to return to the Roku platform and regain these features, I ordered a certified refurbished Roku 3 from Amazon.  It works perfectly with no audio/video lag, supports the 1080p video capabilities of my TV and plays DD+ audio.  Good solution for me until the 4K upgrade, which I am really not that anxious to do at this point.   

FELUCHO2

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Doesn't matter what model TV, Reciever, what internet provider, speed or router.
Doesn't matter being on the latest software update.
Roku Premiere+ has a problem playing surround sound.
They know it & should man up & confirm it.
Stop wasting everyone's (tech support & customers) time.
Disgusting.

thenizzle

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:18 pm

AGREED.  I am less than 48 hours of owning a ROKU ULTRA and it's quite obvious they don't care.  

When I called foreign support I was told to reboot my router.

Ridiculous.

home_theatre_man

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Yes.  Sadly, I have to concur with NOT speaking or chatting with Roku support.  You won't find any help there.  Occasionally, there will be a nice, informative post here on the forums from Roku engineering.

waldolc

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 am

I sincerely hope that with the new update, this issue will be fixed. I upgraded from a Roku 3 to the Premiere thinking that it would be better. So far, I am disappointed.

absmes

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 am

General request to the forum - please post your results with new firmware. I'm sure we'd all like to know when this A/V sync issue is resolved. 

thenizzle

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:05 am

Is there a new firmware?

Elijah_Baley

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 am

thenizzle wrote:
Is there a new firmware?

Who knows? Roku does not communicate any of their plans, ever. They are more secretive than the KGB was in the 50s and 60s.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Tonysak

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 pm

I have the same Amazon audio lip sync issue with my premier+ with current firmware , Onkyo tx-rz810 and Vizio tv. It also happens with Hbo go. The premier+ is only a few weeks old. The audio (voices) seems to start a quarter second faster than actors lips

The bigger problem is having to listen to my wife complain about it :/

chicagohusky

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Bump.

rdlaner

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 pm

I have the same problem using a Roku Premiere, software version 7.5.1 build 4111-29, and an Onkyo TX-NR414. Like others, the problem is mostly resolved by switching the audio setting to stereo. However, even after switching to stereo, there is still a lag with the Amazon Video app, although it is much less than before. I have experienced the lag using the following apps:
  • Amazon Video
  • Netflix
  • Sling TV
  • Watch Air
The lag is the most pronounced with Amazon Video and Sling TV, followed by Netflix and Watch Air. It would be really great if Roku could do something to fix this, it appears to have been an issue for some time now.

rrdd

Wed May 10, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm also experiencing noticeable audio sync issues with Netflix, Amazon and Plex when using any non-stereo Audio-->HDMI settings.

Roku Premiere+ (7.6.0) at 1080p --> HDMI --> HK AVR3600 --> HDMI --> Samsung KS8000

At first I was blaming my receiver until I plugged back in my Roku 3 (same cables and HDMI input) and the issues disappear.

Are there plans to remedy this issue?

rrdd

Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 am

rrdd wrote:
Are there plans to remedy this issue?

I see RokuShawnS already answered this here:

RokuShawnS wrote:
Yes, every post is read.

No, we cannot comment on potential and/or ETAs on when a bug will be fixed.

I'm sorry I can't give any more information about this issue at this time.  It IS being investigated.

weirdbeard

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pm

I've got the same issue with my ultra. It seems to go away if I reboot it from the system menu though. Of course, it returns after being idle for a day or so...