Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

andrifr
Topic Author

Screen mirroring on Express+

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am

I have been waiting for the OS 7.5 update for my Express+ because of the screen mirroring feature. Yesterday I tried updating and it did, so now I have OS 7.5.1.
But for some reason, I cannot find the screen mirroring feature.

I want to cast a Chrome tab to Roku, so to experiment I downloaded a Chrome extension, but if I try to use that I get "No cast destinations".
Is there anything else I need to do to make screen mirroring work?

andrifr
Topic Author

Re: Screen mirroring on Express+

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 am

I just watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3uBTB8cQek, explaining how to use screen mirroring on Ultra.
The guy in the video shows the screen mirroring feature in the System menu, but in my System menu, there is no Screen mirroring option, even though the video also has 7.5.1. Did they disable it for Express+?

I am really amazed how little information there is on these updates. I've been trying to update since late November and trying to find info on when my device would be updated. Although I somewhat like the Roku I would probably not recommend it to a friend because of this lack of information. I've spent too much time on this thing... It's one thing to delay the updates but it's another thing to delay the updates and not tell anybody what is going on.

RokuMarkn
Roku Engineering

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 am

Screen mirroring is not supported on the Express or Express+.  The 7.5 release notes says

Roku OS 7.5 adds our screen mirroring feature to the Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+ and Roku Ultra.

--Mark

andrifr
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 am

Oh no :/
I am sure I read somewhere that Express would also be getting screen mirroring back in November.
Can I expect to get screen mirroring anytime soon or should I look for a different solution for that?

RokuMarkn
Roku Engineering

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm

I can't comment on unannounced plans, but there have been no announcements of any plan for screen mirroring on the Express.  If you read that somewhere, it was not from a reliable source.

--Mark