Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tom white
Topic Author

Performance difference, Stick vs. Premiere+

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:11 am

I have a general question about the performance differences (if any) between these two models.

I have the Stick (newer version) and it performs well most of the time. However, there are times when it will start to play a program, then within the first few seconds it will show a loading content screen, then resume playing. The whole thing only lasts for a few seconds, but can be a bit perturbing.

The main problem I have noticed is when playing content from the PS Vue "DVR". If I do much fast-forwarding through commercials, it will start to stutter, or momentarily freeze the picture, while the audio continues. Hitting pause for a bit seems to let it catch up to itself in most cases, but again, it is a bit annoying.

In the settings section of the Stick, it shows my connection as being excellent, and my download speed is 10Mbps.

So, my question is, does the Premiere+ handle programs any better? I am wondering if using it directly connected to my cable modem would solve these problems. It appears the "innerds" of the two Rokus is similar if not the same, with the only difference being wireless vs wired. If it does perform better, I would be happy to return the Stick to the store and purchase a Premiere+.

So, what do you say? Does the direct connected Premiere+ perform better, or no? I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks.