Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gouldinio
Topic Author

Can't get SoundBridge through firewall

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:30 pm

Help!!!
I have M1000 up and running (v2.048) but canny punch a whole in my firewall so as to listen to the flower music.
I mean to say that I can only really use it when not connected to internet.
It works alright with XP firewall, but that's because most things get through it.
I'm using Panda IS 2005, and have tried numerous ways, the strange thing is when I configure Panda to let either the IP or MAC address of SoundBridge through and search for songs, albums, artists, whatever my PC reboots as soon as I hit the button on the remote?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Help an idiot please, as I'm now bored of trying!

RokuPatrick

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:36 pm

Can you configure it to allow incoming connections for a specific application or on specific ports?

gouldinio
Topic Author

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:50 am

Hi,

I'm going through advanced connection rules:
I give it a rule name, say Roku, obviously allow the connection and tell it what adapter to use (Realtek in my case)

Protocol I've set as All (others TCP, UDP, ICMP Services, IP Type)

Communication direction is set as inbound and outbound

Lastly, specify the remote address's to which you want to apply this rule:

Choices are, All, Local Area Network, Internet, The following address's (to which I enter IP address of SoundBridge) or MAC Address ( to which I enter the MAC address of SoundBridge) - can only enter one oiption.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now I can only set the SoundBridge up when my Firewall is turned off, I've tried everything I know. As I've posted before, when I get it set up and running and then try to turn firewall on with my whole punched init, then try to search on the SoundBridge the PC reboots as soon as I hit the button on the remote.

Thanks in advance

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gouldinio
Topic Author

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:31 am

:shock:

And can anyone explain as to why SoundBridge never comes out of standby??

I'm beginning to get peeved with having to pull my seperates out to get to the plug and unplug/plug in.

:(

Still can't get it through firewall though, help me, for the love of God, help me :!: :!: :!: