Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hpsenicka
Topic Author

M500 default display settings?

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:19 pm

I seem to be having some difficulty getting my brightness and contrast settings on my SoundBridge M500 adjusted in a combination that is readable and eliminates flicker.

I am currently running the 3.0.18 software, but I have been having this issue with the 2.7x beta releases as well.

Can someone suggest what the defaulr and/or optimal settings should be?

Is this possibly an indication of the display beginning to fail?

dirk v

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:08 am

flickering LCD on a M500 too?

I'm using a Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic, internally called M400, and i have nearly the same problem.

In another place in this forum i wrote :

"The display will reach the maximum brightness with a setting of 50%.
All settings from 50%-100% will have no effect, brightness is allways the same.
If the brightness is set to max. (from 50-100%) there is absolutly no flickering.
All settings below 50% will show a flickering display, these settings will dim the backlight but never shut it completly off.
Contrast settings will have no effect to the flickering backlight.
I think you made the brightness control using pulse width modulation. It looks like the repetition rate is not constant..."

Until now there is no response.
I think this is not an indication for beginning hardware problems, this should be a software problem, maybe in conjunction with a hardware design problem.

Dirk

Dirk

hpsenicka
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:43 am

Thanks for your response Dirk.

After reading your post, I changed my brightness setting to 52%, and set the contrast level at 3.

This seems to give me the best result, although I still seem some slight pulsation of the display. I suppose flicker is not the most precise term to describe it.

I think I can live with this, but it does not seem to be the ideal result. :(

robin_1972

Re: M500 default display settings?

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:23 pm

hi
were you able to fix this flickering issue? I have the same problem develop as you have discribed.
thanks
Robin
M500 x 2
M1000 x 2
M1001