Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Jarvis
Topic Author

Mute and 2.7.78

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi

I made the mistake to update to 2.7.78 (I was on 2.5 and everything was ok).

After 1 hour trying to recognize my Lan (5 safe mode...) it works well, I have all my libraries (WMN, Itunes 7) but .... no sound.

Tried to change cable, nothing ...

Any idea ? (except waiting for Roku to update the firmware ?)

thanks in advance

Jarvis
Topic Author

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:45 am

I succeded in downgrade to 2.5.174 (thanks customer services) but I still have no sound, I changed all the cables but nothing

Am i alone in this situation ? Is it possible a firmware mute the sound even if you downgrade ?

It's strange I've got no pb until the update to 2.7.78 :(

S80_UK

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:07 am

Jarvis wrote:
I succeded in downgrade to 2.5.174 (thanks customer services) but I still have no sound, I changed all the cables but nothing

Am i alone in this situation ? Is it possible a firmware mute the sound even if you downgrade ?

It's strange I've got no pb until the update to 2.7.78 :(

I assume you checked the volume? Sometimes after an upgrade or reset (or presumably after a downgrade), the SB can default to a much lower volume setting.

Jarvis
Topic Author

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:10 am

S80_UK wrote:
I assume you checked the volume? Sometimes after an upgrade or reset (or presumably after a downgrade), the SB can default to a much lower volume setting.

yes I checked the volume, I tried on others outputs (Aux, video, tape ...) still the same. I can't test with the optical outpout. I think i've done all the changes possible :(

Jarvis
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 pm

It seems that 2.7.78 created lots a pb, am I the only one without sound ? I read that the mute pb was a bug (normally solved) in the 2.7 beta.

hey Mike ? when do you think we'll have another firmware ?

Ted Harper

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:22 am

If you have checked the audio plug is definitely in the correct socket, that the sound level hasn't somehow gone to 0% or Mute mode been selected by a stray infrared burst (from the Roku remote or some other random device), etc, can you please send a PM to RokuDaveC giving him the MAC address of your M1001.

As far as I know (I have a M1001 also), the mute problem was solved in the 2.7 release (ie in the last beta build before the release and it continues to be ok in the release version) for all the people who were testing it during the beta process.

Current speculation is there is some series/subset of M1001 devices which have a slightly differing hardware which were _not_ tested (or at least not found to be broken in this respect) during the 2.7 beta process.

If Roku can get the MAC addresses of any M1001 devices which still have the muting bug with the released 2.7 firmware, they can hopefully rummage through their stores - or at worst borrow a device from a friendly nearby customer - and get a still-affected device (ie from the same production run of the physical device) into their development/test environment and fix the remaining muting problem.

Anyway, assuming you've checked all the "pre-qualification" stuff I mentioned above (and from your other posts I'm sure you've done so by now), can you please PM the details of your device to RokuDaveC (not sure if any of the other Roku* people should be sent this as well) and hopefully the problem can get tracked down and fixed sooner rather than later.

ted.h.

Jarvis
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:26 am

Ted Harper wrote:
can you please PM the details of your device to RokuDaveC

Done :) I'll keep the forum in touch

thanks for the help