Reviving a super old dead thread...
I was never able to get my M1001 to boot, and hesitated to bug forum members about it... and then eight years went by
The ghost of my M1001 came by the other day as I was cleaning out the closet and tapped me on the shoulder.
I'd love to know if anyone can help get it working. It does exactly the same as previous:
1. Pulls a DHCP address via wired ethernet just fine.
2. Boots with ROKUsafemode logo showing f/w 2.44
3. Will allow a factory Reset, reboots, shows same logo
4. Only other option is to update, which it starts, then fails with message
"FAILED TO CONTACT SERVER - Check Network Connections?" YES <NO>
5. Checking connections shows as good - IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS all as they should be.
6. Unit does not accept a telnet connection on Port 23
Does anyone have any suggestions for why it won't see the update server, which, I believe, should still be online?