Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
dupondt
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 am
Location: Germany, European Union
Contact:

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 am

chakarata,

of course there's another alternative. As your Mac is only 18 months old it's presumably an Intel computer, so you could install Windows in a virtual machine (for example the free VirtualBox).

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 • DNT IP-dio
Roku XD (retired) • Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV
 
amdb7
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:27 am

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 am

FYI...I wasn't suggesting Shoutcast as a server. I was suggesting it as a source for valid, working radio URLs that can be stored as playlist entries on whatever media server you want, and/or as a source of working URLs to store as SoundBridge presets.
 
dupondt
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 am
Location: Germany, European Union
Contact:

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 am

Andy,

As for Firefly, this is a music server alternative to iTunes and so on (and a very fine one too) but does not deliver internet radio itself.

the "trick" to share internet radio with iTunes also works with Firefly.

In iTunes, simply put the stations you're interested in (the number isn't limited) into a playlist which (for example) you name "Internet Radio". Then have Firefly rescan the iTunes library.

If you then chose the iTunes playlist "Internet Radio" on the SoundBridge, you will find all the stations you included and the SoundBridge will play them.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 • DNT IP-dio
Roku XD (retired) • Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV
 
andyg
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:11 am
Location: London, UK

Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 pm

amdb7 wrote:
FYI...I wasn't suggesting Shoutcast as a server. I was suggesting it as a source for valid, working radio URLs that can be stored as playlist entries on whatever media server you want, and/or as a source of working URLs to store as SoundBridge presets.


Fair point - should have read your post more carefully - though to reiterate, it is Windows-centric from a GUI/user point of view.

@dupondt:

Andy,

Quote:
As for Firefly, this is a music server alternative to iTunes and so on (and a very fine one too) but does not deliver internet radio itself.

the "trick" to share internet radio with iTunes also works with Firefly.

In iTunes, simply put the stations you're interested in (the number isn't limited) into a playlist which (for example) you name "Internet Radio". Then have Firefly rescan the iTunes library.

If you then chose the iTunes playlist "Internet Radio" on the SoundBridge, you will find all the stations you included and the SoundBridge will play them.

Greetings
dupondt


A better explanation than your original post :D SCNR :D
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8
 
dupondt
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 am
Location: Germany, European Union
Contact:

Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:59 am

andyg wrote:
A better explanation than your original post :D SCNR :D

Thanks. Must have been because I tested the procedure on a Mac and while doing so His Steveness The Nonpareil enlightened me :wink:

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 • DNT IP-dio
Roku XD (retired) • Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV
 
andyg
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:11 am
Location: London, UK

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:52 am

dupondt wrote:
andyg wrote:
A better explanation than your original post :D SCNR :D

Thanks. Must have been because I tested the procedure on a Mac and while doing so His Steveness The Nonpareil enlightened me :wink:

Greetings
dupondt


I love it when he does that :wink:
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8
 
chakarata
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am
Location: Hong Kong S.A.R. China

internet radio does not play

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:21 pm

It's a joy to discover that there are other Mac users of Soundbridge Internet Radios..

Thanks too, to those of you with useful info relating to Macs and Soundbridge use. It is much appreciated.

I have tried Firefly, but don't seem to be able to get it to connect iTunes to the Soundbridge, of which I have two now. I must have omitted something somewhere. I apologise for being no expert in these technicalities.

I'm not quite sure, Andy, as to what "share the internet radio with iTunes" means. Could you perhaps explain in more detail ?

I see now that now(5/10/2009) that Roku seemed to have sorted out their server problems and lists of stations are now visible on the Soundbridge. Even though, I feel it is prudent to get this 'station list' working independently of Roku, just incase......, so your corporate help would still be appreciated in getting this iTunes/Firefly system working.
 
chakarata
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am
Location: Hong Kong S.A.R. China

internet radio does not play

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Wonderful. It works ! How and why I'm not too sure.

Firefly/iTunes/Soundbridge M1001 via my iMac are all connected......... for podcasts only though. That at least is progress.

Now how to show the radio stations in the iTunes page on the Soundbridge ?

Does anyone know where I can find detailed understandable English language instructions, about this Firefly/iTunes/Soundbridge setup via an iMac ?

I have downloaded and printed out a Firefly "manual", if you can call it that. Unfortunately it is not very informative on detailed instructions on "howto", it's more a list of features.

I have yet to find anything for iTunes, other than the 'help' section.

Even Soundbridge is a bit cryptic on details.

Although if it wasn't for you helpful people I would not have got this far.

Thank you.

Any suggestions re- detailed 'Howtos' that I can print out ?
 
bierma
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 am

Re: internet radio does not play

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 am

I cannot find my Preset station list to ad new radiostations
Can you help me, please?
Thank you very much,

bierma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest