Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chandkw
Topic Author

No Net Connection

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Any help appreciated. I've just connected my M1000 after a house move and well over a year. Upon power up I get the message 'No net connection! Remove power, connect Ethernet or Wi-Fi card, then re-power'.
I've done that. Connecting either the Wi-Fi card, the Ethernet cable or both and I still get this message. I've re-booted, re-started etc and still the same message.
Cheers guys.

WetTechHead

Re: No Net Connection

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 am

I have the same issue now. I have never used the ethernet connection before, but wanted to give the unit to my mother (I don't trust her with WIFI). The wifi is connecting, but I am getting "System error accessing the ethernet port!" when I remove the WIFI card, plug in the ethernet cable, and restart the unit. Any luck with your issue?
Last edited by WetTechHead on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit Meck

WetTechHead

Re: No Net Connection

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 am

[quote="WetTechHead"]I have the same issue now. I have never used the ethernet connection before, but wanted to give the unit to my mother (I don't trust her with WIFI). The wifi is connecting, but I am getting "System error accessing the ethernet port!" when I remove the WIFI card, plug in the ethernet cable, and restart the unit. Any luck with your issue?[/quote]

***Update*****

Looks like the ethernet port is shorted. Even though the cable is in, only the top two lights are on. While removing the cable, I saw the bottom light briefly come on. Pushing the cable towards the WIFI slot made the light stay on the the unit connected. This, of course, is not a workable solution, I cannot press on the cable all of the time.

Anyone have this issue? Can it be repaired?
Hit Meck