Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gbstanton
Topic Author

back speaker buzz

Mon May 30, 2011 8:57 am

I have a R1000UJ6 - upgraded version I think - that has developed a buzz from the rear speaker. It sounds like the kind of noise that resulted from the a paper cone tear on old speakers and the kind that could be repaired with shellac. I wonder if the speaker needs replacing, can be repaired or if there is some "non-mechanical" reason for the buzz. Also, what kind of screws hold the case together. They seem to be similar to Torx but for the pin in the middle?

Burkhardi

Re: back speaker buzz

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Them there pain in the butookus screws are called Secuity Torx...
I have brand new woofers from the OEM that are the latest revision and make the R1000 sound like it use to and like a dream.
I beleive you may have debris between the voice coil and magnet from what you discribe and the woofer is not serviceable (per se).
Please email me at burkhardiREMOVE@hotmail.com
Please do not use the word "remove" in the address, it's there to keep the spambots from using my address.
Thanks, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

thumoeides

Re: back speaker buzz

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 am

I have the same buzz in the back speaker.

Is it necessary to replace the speaker?
Best Regards,

Steve