Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Smoothas
Topic Author

Invaild results received

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello,

I have a sound bridge m1001 why I use to stream music from a Freecom FSG.

I has recently taken to displaying""Failed to load songs .invalid result received".
Please can you advise me on what i can do to resolve this ?
It is look for music from an Freecom FSG running Twonkymedia server 3.1

My mp3 collection is 6000 ish files large.

When the sound bridge tries to get the list, before the error message it says ts getting 280 files,..and sits with that message fr a while.

amdb7

Re: Invaild results received

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:51 am

There is a limit to how much data the SoundBridge can process when a large list of songs is sent to it.
You may have reached that limit. When I was using Firefly Media Server, I could browse a library of
up to about 20,000 songs. When I got above a certain number, the transaction would fail and the SB
would hang or reboot itself. It could be that Twonky sends more data, or data in a format that takes
up more of the SB's internal storage. Try making a playlist on Twonky that is somewhat less than 6000
files, say, 5000, and see if it fails in the same way.

Smoothas
Topic Author

Re: Invaild results received

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,

I got it worked by limiting the dir search with the m| command ( in my case m| /admin/my shared music) any (firgoid measure , adding the soundbridges ip into the 'only send music info to these devices' box.

I now occasionally re-buffers during a song.... But that's for a different post :D