Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

thepartyhound
Topic Author

Cannot add device from roku webpage

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I recently bought a roku m500 off ebay. Everything seems to work fine on it. I have it connected to my wireless network and it is playing music. It has pulled the local IP address of 192.168.1.6. I can interface with it on that address by typing that into my browser and I can see the presets, what is playing, etc. But what I cannot get to work is I cannot get it to recognize my device through rokuradio.com I click on it, say yes, continue, etc. After the search, it says that it was not found. I try to manually put it in and this appears to work because the messages flash by saying that it is recording the mac address, etc, however when it finishes this process the device does not appear in the list either there or under the my account tab. Any ideas?

thepartyhound
Topic Author

Re: Cannot add device from roku webpage

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Network control is enabled.

FrankB

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:35 am

The previous owner still has it tied to their RadioRoku account. You can ask them to release it. If that's not possible, there are other work arounds.

Frank

thepartyhound
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Thank you for the reply Frank! I have been trying to get ahold of the guy I got the sound bridge from, but have not had any luck so far. The guy I bought it from on Ebay I believe was just a re-seller...I don't think that he is the actual previous owner of the device. What would these other workarounds entail?

Jano