Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ShrimpBurrito
Topic Author

Controlling the M1001 Soundbridge with Logitech Media Server

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi all -

I am running Logitech Media Server 7.7.1 (LMS) on a Synology NAS. I have a Logitech Squeezebox, and everything works perfectly together, including the ability to control the Squeezebox on a laptop connected to LMS. I also have a M1001 Soundbridge on the network, and it too recognizes LMS and can stream music wonderfully. However, I cannot control the M1001 through LMS, which is nice as it's easy to search for something and then start playing it.

Does anyone know a way to make this work? I searched a bit and did not find any relevant threads.

Many thanks,
Dave

jjaf

Re: Controlling the M1001 Soundbridge with Logitech Media Se

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:44 am

That functionality in LMS was probably lost several versions ago, I doubt anyone involved is testing it with a Soundbridge. Try Soundbridge Commander as an alternative remote control app, http://sbcommander.sourceforge.net/.
R1000, M400, M1001

ShrimpBurrito
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 am

Wow, that is a great interface, thanks very much. Everything works, with the important exception of the search panel. When I type in a query and press enter, nothing happens, even if I search for the song that is currently playing. I read their instructions, and it seems like it's supposed to be straight forward, and there aren't any trouble shooting tips. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Dave

jjaf

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:40 am

I only use it to set the alarms on the Soundbridge, no experience of using it in full. I would guess though that you first have to navigate the Soundbridge menu to the library you want to search. The app knows nothing about the libraries themselves, its just implementing the Soundbridge RCP protocol.
R1000, M400, M1001