Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Ian_H
Topic Author

BBC Radio "Now Playing" info

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 am

Hello everybody,

Clearly having only recently purchased a Soundbridge, the Homemusic M400PX, I could (should?) be considered a late starter. Nevertheless I now have the device and I'm really happy with it with exception to one minor difficulty that I seem to be experiencing with the internet radio facility. I like to listen to the BBC radio 2 - http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx but unfortunately when I listen to this radio station I seem to be missing the “Now Playing” song and artist information. Can somebody please explain why I'm missing this info, perhaps its a problem caused by the BBC?

Regards
Ian

46jimbo

Re: BBC Radio "Now Playing" info

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am

The 'Now Playing' info comes from the broadcaster's end. Some stations offer it, others don't.

Ian_H
Topic Author

Re: BBC Radio "Now Playing" info

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 am

46jimbo wrote:
The 'Now Playing' info comes from the broadcaster's end. Some stations offer it, others don't.

Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. I fully understand what you say but the BBC do transmit the Playing Now info, other internet music player such as the Squeezebox Radio do display it. Of course it could be the method of transmission from the BBC that is causing the problem and I guess that the Homemusic M400PX is rather long in the tooth now and probably wouldn't be receiving any more updates to its firmware. Nevertheless I'm happy with the device and can live without the Now Playing facility when listening to the Beeb!

Regards
Ian