Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

zCRiSiSz
Topic Author

M1000 Not seeing media server over wired connection

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi,

I've been using my soundbridge m1000 for a while now and have had no issues so never really used this forum.

However, I recently purchased a buffalo linkstation NAS which has a built in media player.

I also purchased a new BT Homehub 5 (UK) as my old BT HH 2 was on its last legs and kep dieing :/

With the old HH I needed to set WiFi to use WEP as the M1000 does not recognise WPA/WPA2 - all was well, had a 60 charachter WEP key soundbridge worked fine and could access my media server and play music files.

However, since purchasing the BTHH5 I have to 'hard wire' the M1000 because the new HH does not have the option to use WEP; the only options I have are WPA Only, WPA2 Only or None.

When I select 'None' the HH5 is open to anyone who can see it however the M1000 connects fine and I can see my media server and play files. BUT I don't want my WiFi network open to everyone around therefore I need to use WPA or WPA2 and hard wire the M1000.

Since hardwiring I can no longer see my media server :? I am however able to see 'Windows Media Player' when my PC's are switched on and can select numerous PC's to play music from however I am unable to see the NAS Media Player like I did when it was on the open WiFi network.

There is no filtering done on the HH5 on the internal network. Other devices (PC, PS3, Xbox, iPhone) can view the NAS media player - but not the sound bridge.

Any ideas folks.

Oh yeah - Hi....bit of a n00b type question............

bregent

Re: M1000 Not seeing media server over wired connection

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:46 am

See if anything in this thread helps: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=56842&p=388943&hilit=multicast#p388943

In particular, search your router configuration for terms like 'multicast' and 'igmp'.