Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

adaco
Topic Author

M1001 only finds a "non Library"

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Bit of a techo-peasant here, and could use some help. All of my many tunes are in a folder on my D Drive, under D: My Stored Tunes. However, my Soundbridge only recognizes a library entitled: "BARRIEDESKTOP: D:\My Stored Tunes". (and an Internet Radio library). That music "library" is empty.

I have re-booted my 1001 several times, but it keeps only finding the above-named empty library. I have looked under Desktop and others and cannot find any folder with that name. How can I get my 1001 to find the folder without the "BARRIEDESKTOP" lead in. (And there are no shortcuts, or such on my actual desktop.

Any and all suggestions gratefully welcomed ...

Thanks

jjaf

Re: M1001 only finds a "non Library"

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm

The Soundbridge gets its music from a media server library, not directly from folders. BARRIEDESKTOP is the name of library with the folder name appended. The most common media servers are Windows Media Player (on Windows of course) and iTunes (for Apple OS), there are many others out there. Do you know which media server you are using?
R1000, M400, M1001

adaco
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 am

I am using iTunes, which is installed and functioning on my PC computer, as my media server. One small correction on my part. That iTunes music library is named "Barrie's Library" and my Roku will from time to time open to that library and function fine. However, on most occasions it opens to the empty BARRIEDESKTOP library, and does not play. If I unplug the Roku and plug it back in, it will open to "Barrie's Library" about 50% of the time; otherwise to the other. By scrolling about with the settings, on occasion the option to select the library pops up, and I naturally select "Barrie's Library" and all is well. However, when playing the Roku the next time, it will usually open on the other empty library, and not play.

It would seem that if only there was some way I could track down and "eliminate" that phantom library, or permanently "select" "Barrie's Library", all would' be well.

Thank you for your interest and reply.

FrankB

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:56 am

Just guessing but if you have a modern Windows OS, it seems to automatically enable a DLNA server that the Soundbridge will find. Maybe this is conflicting with iTunes? See this article on enabling it. Maybe if you explicitly disable it, or just import your iTunes library into WMP, things will work better for you.

Frank