Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Maggie
Topic Author

CF Wi-Fi card working or not?

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 pm

I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi CF card that came with M1000 is working. I inserted the card with the name and lights on the CF card facing away from the front of the unit, pluged in the power to the unit and nothing is displayed the two lights above the Ethernet connetion are illuminated indicating the unit is receiving power but the status lights on the CF card are not illuminated. There is not a cable in the Ethernet slot. The unit does display the welcome screen if the unit is powered up without the CF card inserted but then requests that the unit be turned off and either the CF Card inserted or the Ethernet cable inserted. Is there something wrong with the WLAN CF Card?

RokuMike

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:15 pm

Sounds like it's not seeing the card. Are you sure that the card is fully inserted? It should slide in easily, and then there would be about 1/8 of an inch of travel with some resistance as you feel it make a connection. When fully inserted, the word "Roku" on the card label should be just above the slot opening (maybe 1/16 of an inch on the sample I have here -- it's a little hard to gauge exactly because of the angle looking into the tube).

Maggie
Topic Author

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:59 am

The CF card included with this unit doesn't have Roku on it but rather WLAN CF Card 802.11b. When fully inserted the 802.11b is just visible on the back side and the UPS code and R-LARN-030378 line up on the front side. There is 1 1/8" exposed on one side, the back side and 1/4" on the front side when inserted. The card is 2 1/4" total so the card seems to be inserted about 1 1/8". I have other CF card readers on my computer so I'm familiar with the slight resistance you mentioned when inserting the card and this card seems to have the same feel. I looked in the unit with a flashlite and the pins seem to be OK

RokuShawn
Roku Support

Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:04 am

Hi Maggie,

The power light and the activity light should both come on when powering up the SB. The activity light will flicker shortly after boot up. If this is not happening and you are having WiFi issue, PM me and I can get you a new card.

Maggie
Topic Author

Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:50 am

I sent you my address by PM for a new CF card. Is there any other way to test the CF card to make sure it's the problem and not the unit it's self?

twilson117

Re: CF Wi-Fi card working or not?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 am

Help need. Recently took a power hit and my Soundbridge M1000 would not come back on.
1. Unit is plugged into a surge protector
2. Had this problem before but unit always came back on with no problem
3. Plug unit in and I can see it's getting power see flickering lights also here the constant noise through speakers while listening to radio
4. Lights on wi-fi card do not come on, I have Roku wi-fi cf 802.11b card
5. Using Verizon FIOS
6. Roku unit is 6 yrs. old

Question: Is it possilbe that wi-fi CF card bad? If new card is needed can I order one?

jjaf

Re: CF Wi-Fi card working or not?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Try reseating the CF card. Otherwise assume your PSU is failing; one of the symptoms is not having enough juice to power the wifi card.

See this thread for more details about testing and replacements.
R1000, M400, M1001