Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Cgriell
Topic Author

SoundBridge M1000 out for 4 years, hemisphere change

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 am

I was the proud owner of a M1001, when living in Chile. When I finished my stay, I pack everything (or so I thought) and went back to Europe. I forgot it, until I found it yesterday, still packed. So, I connected it, but I have lost the remote, nor I do not remember the name of my wifi LAN in Chile. I have connected it with a RK45 cable to my network and it says: New version 2.7.78 is available, perform upgrade? but I have lost my remote

So, questions are

as it seems that the cute thing is working and connected to the Internet (I do not understand how, because I am pretty sure that I use a different IP range than the one I used in Chile), is there some way to access it through the LAN Cable? Has the Soundbridge a web interface that I can access, or a program to access it through its internal commands?

I may, of course, buy a remote in the US, and have it sent to me... but that will take months!!! (after 4 years, you may say!! )But may be in this forum someone knows that the set of commands of the Roku remote is compatible with, say, Panasonic, or Sony, or Pioneer remotes, so, it would be a lot easier buy a compatible remote here, in Spain

Thank you very much

FrankB

Re: SoundBridge M1000 out for 4 years, hemisphere change

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 am

You can access it over the LAN from a computer. See here. There are also options for Android, iOS, and others. Besides the convenience, the remote isn't strictly needed for any function I can think of.

Frank

Cgriell
Topic Author

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Thks, Frank! It worked!!

ntpntpntp

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:46 am

Try ebay for a replacement remote. I'm in the UK, usually I see 1 or 2 remotes when I search for Roku Soundbridge items.

Cgriell
Topic Author

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:39 am

Thank you ! I did'nt think on eBay for a remote replacement ! although with the software access I am rather happy

46jimbo

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

If you have an Android phone or tablet, there are a couple of Soundbridge remote apps available for free in the Playstore.