Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rmhodgson
Topic Author

Date & Time display

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 am

In standby currently just showing time.

It used to show full date and time.

And I used to be able to select dim or bright display somewhere I seem to recall - can't find that setting now

I have tried specifying required formats on "My network places" http://192.168.0.6/SoundBridge.html but that doesn't seem to have any effect

Someone please point me in the right direction

M1001

Version 3.0.44

T%hanks in anticipation

FrankB

Re: Date & Time display

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:48 am

While powered off, press the up or down buttons on the remote to cycle through date/time options.

While powered on, press the brightness button on the remote to adjust.

rmhodgson
Topic Author

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 am

Great - that works a treat, thanks

Bgrubb1

Tue May 03, 2016 6:10 pm

I had a power outage today and when power was restored, my soundbridges would hang at getting time. Did the ROKU timeserver go away ??
I changed the timeserver to "time-a.nist.gov" and I have time again
just curious, I use my M2000's as a great clock at this point
...Barry

dupondt

Wed May 04, 2016 5:36 am

Bgrubb1 wrote:
Did the ROKU timeserver go away ??

It seems so. For several days now querying time.rokulabs.com from a PC results in a timeout error.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

JohnDejonette

Wed May 04, 2016 4:18 pm

On May3, 2016 Bgrubb1 posted that he/she changed to the Time server "time-a.nist.gov". Since my Soundbridge M1001 is still displaying --:-- for time, I'd like to select the NIST time Server too. How might I do that?

JohnS-MI

Wed May 04, 2016 4:55 pm

JohnDejonette wrote:
On May3, 2016 Bgrubb1 posted that he/she changed to the Time server "time-a.nist.gov". Since my Soundbridge M1001 is still displaying --:-- for time, I'd like to select the NIST time Server too. How might I do that?

Click on the link in the first post. It will link to a web page built into your Roku Soundbridge. Near top, click on the "Configuration"
Scroll down to Time Zone and Network Time. Fill that name in for network time server and be sure to click the "Update" box directly below it or the change will not be accepted.

JohnDejonette

Wed May 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I just answered my own post. Thanks to dupondt's post in another section back in 2008 here's the information in case someone else needs it:

Connect to <http://[The IP of your device]/SoundBridgeConfig.html>. That web page - if you scroll down - will allow you to enter a new Time Server address. In this situation I entered time-a.nist.gov. My M1101 now displays date and time! To select the date/time format (gleaned from another post on elsewhere on the forum) use the up and down buttons on the Remote Control to choose the desired display.

pbroughton

Thanks for your nice work: Re: Date & Time display

Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 am

After all the years of abandonment by the mothership, this community is still keeping our SoundBridge devices running along. (But, special thanks to Matt, too).

Looking at you too, Logitech, as the Squeezebox Community members are keeping, and even improving those abandoned, excellent devices, too.

Had the same problem of lost date and time and had kinda figured what was happening but so glad to see this info and confirm the answer and solution.

What a great forum; thanks!! Radios are still in use numerous hours every day. Now, I can still know WHAT DAY IT IS !!

Phil Broughton

cymbaline65

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:50 am

I have a Grace audio streaming device. It works <ok> but it's not a Roku. Audio quality is par at best. The Roku audio devices were such a great products. I've owned 3 but now down to 2 and that display is beginning to fail. Sigh... I hear the Logitech device is no longer made. Cambridge Audio has one for $800...
Current Setup:
(2) M1001, Roku Radio, Apple iTunes , 2TB of storage, ASUS WAP

JohnDejonette

Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:07 pm

After experiencing problems with my Roku Soundbridge M1001 I performed a Factory Reset and mangaged to get the unit working again. However, the time is displaying --:--. On May 4, 2016 I posted how to solve this problem by going to <http://[IP of your Soundbridge]/SoundBridgeConfig.html> and entering "time-a.nist.gov" (without the quotes). Now when I attempt to connect using that URL nothing happens. In other words the Browser doesn't connect to anything. Any thoughts or suggestions what might have changed?

JohnS-MI

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 am

Only thing I can think of is that your router assigned a new IP address when you reset the Soundbridge. Look at your local network and connected devices to see if IP changed (usually only the last digit).

Also, you might need to restart the Soundbridge. When mine gets "hung up" it doesn't respond. Is it actually on your network, does it have the WEP password? Just throwing out other ideas.

FrankB

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:15 am

Under the system configuration menu, show wired or wireless network status should give you the IP address that you can use in your web browser to connect.