Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

andyg

Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:34 am

Dan,

you need to ensure that you have FF pointing to where your itunes .xml file is at. If you have your music stored someplace other than the default itunes location the important point to bear in mind is not so much that place but where the .xml file is. The .xml file contains the information needed to pick up your playlists and serve them to FF. So do a search for it (if you're not sure where it is) and in the configuration page of FF web interface have FF point to that location. Then rescan and you should be set.

You can check that FF has found the playlists by going into itunes and expanding your Firefly entry in the Source column on the left side of the itunes interface. You should now see them there.

Hope that gets you set, Andy
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

Dan M

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:51 am

andyg,
thank you for the advice. I did a search of my iMac hard drive for any .xml files. There is a .xml file associated with iTunes named: iTunes Music Library.xml.
However, this is a Text file (2.2MB). Would this be the correct file to point FF to? I would not think that it should be a text file.
I also belive that the music files are stored in their default locations.
thanks again,
Dan

andyg

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 am

that IS the xml file you want to point FF to. And assuming your music is in /Users/yourname/Music/iTunes/ that's the path you need in the firefly preference pane. Just point it as far as iTunes, not to the actual xml file.

Do a scan & you'll be set.
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

Dan M

Nevermind last post- it worked....I have playlists!!!

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am

I had not checked the Roku this morning. Apperently the full scan took longer than I thought......
The Playlists are there! I am good to go.

Thank you andyg and rpedde again for your help. This forum is great!

Dan M

jmbergeal

A thought

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:10 pm

Although like a lot of people, I blindly upgraded to iTunes 7 and proceeded to tear out the five hairs left on my head (I am now down to 3 good ones), I remembered that I had installed iTunes on the kids pcs some time ago. So pronto, I "added" the folders available, consolidated, et voila, I can still play my music off of the clunker... Can't wait for 7 support to come out though.