Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jpphipps
Topic Author

M1001 Displays 2 lines. I want one......

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Picked up a M1001 on ebay - no stand, but a 1.5A wallwart; it seems to be ok. BUT, the display is two lines! My others all stream one line. I know there is a way to change this, but I'm 87+ and wits are fading......... (remorse). BTW, the SB is running 3.0.44 software; I understand that 3.0.52 is no longer available. I don't suppose there is any way of copying it from another unit, is there? Hope someone can help; I'll be most appreciative of all replies.
3 SoundBridges, 1 SoundBridge Radio - Phoenix, AZ
3 SoundBridges - Netarts, OR

FrankB

Re: M1001 Displays 2 lines. I want one......

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 am

Change the font size, it's the top right button on the remote.

I don't believe 3.0.52 is useful anymore and there is not a practical way to copy it from one to another.
Last edited by FrankB on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpphipps
Topic Author

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:37 pm

I tried that - still have two lines. There may be some other keystrokes I have to employ before getting there.

FrankB

Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:31 am

With the Soundbridge powered on, press the top right button (*). Then press the up arrow (up) one or more times then press the center select button (check), there is only one 8 point font, the rest are 16 point fonts that use the entire display for one line.

jpphipps
Topic Author

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 am

It STILL displays wrong (Dern!) What  seems to be happening is that line 2 always starts first, followed by lone 1 at full brightness. I've gotta go into town soon so can't deal with this right now, but will later today. Am going to try set-up using Ethernet and see if that straightens things out. Will reply again when I can report. Thanks again for your replies.

jpphipps
Topic Author

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Well, ethernet connection didn't help. I've tried many variants and here's what it seems to be: All fonts available to this SB are about 1/2 size normal, compared to the other two SB's here. There seem to be as many (5?) available, but the smallest is totally useless in a SB, and the largest (except the big fat one(s) still  are in the two line mode - I don't explain this too well.... Perhaps this SB was completely inactive during the transition from 0.44 to 0.52 firmware - I don't know. The other two SB's here are both 0.52 FW and stream text normally. For now, I guess I'll have to put this unit aside and get on with my life. Remorse.........

FrankB

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 am

Is it the Pinnacle M1001HR? That has a different display resolution, 280×32 vs 280×16.

jpphipps
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:32 am

I don't think so - the unit in question has "Roku" on the front and end caps and "M1001" on the sticker on the back. Its IP address is 192.168.1.107 in Wifi and 192.168.1.109 with Wired. My browser is Firefox / Macbook Pro. Gotta go to town now; back in 4 hours.

dupondt

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi jpphipps,

the SoundBridge has two font size settings: one for standby and one for normal operation (powered on).

To change the standby display, put the SoundBridge in standby, then choose the desired display option by pressing the up or down button on the remote.

To change the display for normal operation, power on the SoundBridge; then press the brightness button (* - the one in the top right corner of the remote). You can then scroll through the available fonts with the up and down buttons on the remote. There is one small font (Fixed8) resulting in a two line display, choosing one of the other fonts (Fixed16, SansSerif16, ZurichLite16 and ZurichBold16) will give you a one line display. Pressing the select button will save your choice and change the display.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 • DNT IP-dio
Roku XD (retired) • Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV

jpphipps
Topic Author

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:04 am

And HI to you, Dupondt - it's been awhile! There's something else screwy about this M1001: In the course of diddling with it, I've done a "factory reset" at least a couple of times; yet I just realized that all of the preset stations that came with its memory are still there. Shouldn't they have disappeared with the resets? Display-wise, the text letters are definitely smaller (two-line size) than the larger letters on my other two SB's here in OR. I did put fresh batteries in the remote, btw. So something's amiss with this poor unit and I don't seem to describe it well.

dupondt

Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:14 am

jpphipps wrote:
I've done a "factory reset" at least a couple of times; yet I just realized that all of the preset stations that came with its memory are still there. Shouldn't they have disappeared with the resets?

A factory reset will populate the presets with a set of default (and in many cases defunct) stations defined by Roku many years ago.

As regards your display issue, Matt Burkhard (who has repaired more SoundBridges than you and me will ever see in our lifetime) tells me that there were some Roku branded M1001s that had the HR display mentioned by FrankB for the Pinnacle branded models. To verify if you've got one of these you can count the number of vertical dots with the help of a magnifying glass. If there are 32 you have a HR display.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 • DNT IP-dio
Roku XD (retired) • Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV

jpphipps
Topic Author

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:10 pm

HA! SOLVED!! With the aid of my 10X eyepiece, I counted the number of vertical pixel elements; there ARE 32. So this is one of the HR models. Knowing this, I'll forego the streaming single line quest and use it as is. While at it, I counted the pixel elements of one of the other two SB's here in OR; there are indeed 16.

So I'll load up my presets and see where I'm gong to use to use it........ And stop bothering myself about it. Many, MANY thanks for your help in setting my wits straight!

John