Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Survey: Which Rokus do you develop on?

I'd like to run an informal survey to get an idea of what Roku models the dev. community at large uses to develop Roku apps.
Please select all groups that you have players from. The survey is anonymous, results are shown immediately.
Further discussion/details - reply below
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Survey: Which Rokus do you develop on?

I checked all but the top one, but I will be getting one of those hopefully soon, so maybe I should have checked it too?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
I checked all but the top one, but I will be getting one of those hopefully soon, so maybe I should have checked it too?

That's alright - we can run another poll next quarter :).
phpBB survey has limits, for example once voted it does not let change reply (i had a warning on that put at first but then figured stressing on it is too petty). Or that if i try to modify the choices, it would reset the stats. At first i wrote it as 1-choice ask ("what's the highest/utmost Roku that you use"), changed my mind - but you can still see the groups sorted in particular (and debatable) way.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

when you say "develop" do you mean "develop and test" or straight up develop? I test on about 5 devices but for the most part develop on only 2 of the newer / faster models.
aspiring
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I think it includes testing
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Sure, i'd count "test" devices too. Things on which you can see the performance, resolution issues, takes screenshots on etc.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I recently got a Roku 4, so now "all" of them
0 Kudos