Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

brianstegman
Topic Author

Free app for Roku dev's

Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 am

I built an app to help those of us who work with Roku's.  I hope it makes your day a little bit easier :)

http://www.stegmancompany.com/#rokuDashboard

Komag

Re: Free app for Roku dev's

Wed May 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Only for Macs so far

brianstegman
Topic Author

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 am

There is a version for windows now!  However, I don't use windows on a daily basis so please let me know if you run into any issues.

rovidx_media

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 am

Great software!   So far so good on Windows 10 with no errors.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher -> https://rovidx.com

joetesta

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

+1 have been really enjoying using it today, thanks Brian :)
aspiring

marcelo.cabral

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Very nice tool, in particular the control using the keyboard!!
Please implement a way to ignore folders, all my projects contains an "out" folder that has files not supposed to go to the deployment zip
Also:
  • The output folder should be by project, 
  • Name the zip file with the folder name

joetesta

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 am

Hi Brian, 2 additional feature requests if possible:
* screenshot button
* ability to hit up/down in debugger to cycle through recent console commands
aspiring

brianstegman
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks for the feedback!

> marcelo.cabral

I will add a way for the user to define files and folders to exclude.  Don't worry about your out folder or any hidden files as I'm already excluding those.  Also, my tool builds and deploys in memory so I don't use the out folder or any other folders during this process.  If someone wants to create a zip then they use the create zip feature.  I appreciate the feedback.

> joetesta

Your two requests are on my features to add list already but I will bump them up on the to do list  :) :)   Thanks for the feedback..

Thanks!

marcelo.cabral

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm

brianstegman wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

> marcelo.cabral

I will add a way for the user to define files and folders to exclude.  Don't worry about your out folder or any hidden files as I'm already excluding those.  Also, my tool builds and deploys in memory so I don't use the out folder or any other folders during this process.  If someone wants to create a zip then they use the create zip feature.  I appreciate the feedback.

> joetesta

Your two requests are on my features to add list already but I will bump them up on the to do list  :) :)   Thanks for the feedback..

Thanks!

In my tests the zip files included the out folder.

brianstegman
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks marcelo.cabral .. I will take a look. I know the code is there :)

brianstegman
Topic Author

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 am

I looked into the bug last night and it looks like I missed this when I updated for windows.  Thanks marcelo.cabra!  I just pushed out version 1.3.0 which should now exclude the out directory.  This version also includes the ability to take screenshots.  Thanks joetesta for the suggestion.

joetesta

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:11 pm

ran into a small bug on windows with the keyboard remote, I was hitting enter expecting 'OK' press but it kept going to home position as if it was receiving 'Home' press.  Tried a few times then gave up and switched to actual remote and it worked as expected.
aspiring

marcelo.cabral

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:00 pm

joetesta wrote:
ran into a small bug on windows with the keyboard remote, I was hitting enter expecting 'OK' press but it kept going to home position as if it was receiving 'Home' press.  Tried a few times then gave up and switched to actual remote and it worked as expected.

I had an issue related to focus, when using the keyboard as remote and the focus is on a button, pressing Enter (OK) the button is also pressed, another thing: the up/down keys affects the scrollbar of the window when you are navigating on Roku, that is distracting, have the window content scrolling up and down.

joetesta

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 pm

marcelo.cabral wrote:
joetesta wrote:

I had an issue related to focus, when using the keyboard as remote and the focus is on a button, pressing Enter (OK) the button is also pressed, another thing: the up/down keys affects the scrollbar of the window when you are navigating on Roku, that is distracting, have the window content scrolling up and down.

aha that is probably the cause of my issue, because when I went back to it within the same "session" (no roku reboot between or anything) it was back working as expected.  Thanks Marcelo.
Regarding the build / ignore topic, just built a project and seeing it includes my .git folder and .gitignore file
Thanks for your efforts Brian!!
aspiring

brianstegman
Topic Author

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 am

I will add these items to the list.  Thanks!