Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

joetesta
Topic Author

Bug found in RSG Example

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 am

Greetings,
I'm running through some example apps to refamiliarize myself with RSG development and I've stumbled across a bug in the "Rotated Renderable Nodes Markup" example application downloaded from here and loaded directly onto a Roku Ultra; the visible rectangle is smaller than it should be and off-center.
I found the issue is affected by the manifest line:
ui_resolutions = "hd" < ---- BAD
ui_resolutions="hd" < ----- GOOD

Why is there a difference, shouldn't the whitespace be ignored?  If not, the example should be corrected and it would be good if this was explained somewhere (is it already?) 
tyvmia,
Joe
aspiring

joetesta
Topic Author

Re: Bug found in RSG Example

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:46 am

That's odd, I download the same zip and now those white spaces aren't there!  Pretty sure I didn't add them before, just uploaded the zip I'd downloaded.
On Roku 3 I'm not even able to recreate the problem.  weird.
aspiring

RokuNB

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Seems like problems in the example code - from what i know, manifest does not allow/handle spaces before or after "=" - nor does it allow quoting values (the value starts after "=" and ends with new line)

joetesta
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 am

RokuNB wrote:
Seems like problems in the example code - from what i know, manifest does not allow/handle spaces before or after "=" - nor does it allow quoting values (the value starts after "=" and ends with new line)

Thanks RNB - much appreciate your response (I'm NOT in the twilight zone :D ) the quotes were (are still?) in the example app "RectangleRotatedExample" manifest - stripped out the quotes and now all is well.  Wonder why the different behavior on Ultra v R3?
aspiring

RokuNB

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:24 pm

joetesta wrote:
Thanks RNB - much appreciate your response (I'm NOT in the twilight zone :D ) the quotes were (are still?) in the example app "RectangleRotatedExample" manifest - stripped out the quotes and now all is well.  Wonder why the different behavior on Ultra v R3?

Keep experimenting! I am mildly curious what the reason might be - but also don't have players handy just this moment to try. One difference between Roku3 and Premiere/Ultra is that the former cannot render app UI in 1080 (it will do it in 720 instead), while the latter (and all 4k devices) do 1080 natively. This shouldn't have affected the decoding of `ui_resolutions` though (which if missing should be implied to be "sd,hd"), so IDK...