Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewsDev
Visitor

suppress_unconnected_hud not working

Hi I am a developer intending to use "suppress_unconnected_hud=true" in the manifest in order to use our own pop up for when the Roku is unconnected while inside our app. I have found this doesn't seem to work or change anything when testing on my Roku 3 version 7.7.0. Has anyone else encountered this? Maybe there is something I am missing?

Even more frustrating is in the Roku docs, there says there is an example of using this feature, but the example does not actually use that feature. I'm talking about here.

In fact the sample archive with this in it does not work. This is found here. Simply play a video, disconnect the Roku from the internet, and wait for the video to end and the HUD will appear.

If anyone has any solutions please share!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
loungelogic
Visitor

Re: suppress_unconnected_hud not working

suppress_unconnected_hud=1

This worked for me.
0 Kudos
NewsDev
Visitor

Wow thanks, that works!
0 Kudos
Nicklee

I have looked at every secret menu and I have found one that I've never seen before I actually did it on accident but it's all it is is a tuner secret screen and it's off of a secret TV secret screen but if you go into the tuner it says disable EPG data enable HUD diags what did I find because there's not one video on it I have not seen one video

0 Kudos