Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

RAF Version, how to update?

I know that RAF 2.2 is out, but in the log I see  Roku_Ads Framework version 2.0215
My box (4630X) is updated to 7.7.0 build 4117
How do I force a RAF update?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: RAF Version, how to update?

You already have the latest. RAF 2.2 (build 15) returns version string of "2.0215".
The library updates itself automatically - akin to channels - there is no need to do manual installation steps.
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the info.  I know RAF is automatically updated but I hope you understand my confusion when the log version doesn't match the documentation.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"tim_beynart" wrote:
... I hope you understand my confusion when the log version doesn't match the documentation.

Yes, i do. Help me bisect further, do you also find confusing what getVersion() returns for firmware?
Brightscript Debugger> ? createObject("roDeviceInfo").getVersion()
297.70E04116A

At "7.70", that's major version "7", dot, minor "70" - where the release docs talk about "7.7"
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

ha! I haven't seen that, I just go to the "About" page on the home screen where it's translated into the friendly "7.7.0".
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The string returned by GetVersion has evolved over the years.  I was going to point the OP to the GetVersion docs to show how the RAF version string jived with the GetVersion firmware version string, but it no longer does.  It used to be that GetVersion would return version 7.7 as "7.07".  At some point between v6.3 (which returned "6.03") and now something changed (maybe the addition of a sub-minor version?).

While we're discussing GetVersion, what comes after major version 9 since there's only one character allocated for the major version?  🙂

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
While we're discussing GetVersion, what comes after major version 9 since there's only one character allocated for the major version?  🙂

"A"? :twisted:
you may think gives us only 6 more major versions after that (ABCDEF)... but what if we are using hexatrigesimal (base 36) system? Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"tim_beynart" wrote:
ha! I haven't seen that, I just go to the "About" page on the home screen where it's translated into the friendly "7.7.0".

Ditto for RAF: go to the "Channel Info" maintenace screen by using key combo HHHUULRLRL (3xhome, 2xup, left right left right left) and look for the "Roku Ads Library" line
0 Kudos