Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrouse
Visitor

audioTrack and availableAudioTracks never populate

We're working on adding some analytics about how users are viewing our content. We want to record the audio language that users are selecting on our videos as we provide English and Spanish tracks in our smoothstreams. It appears that the audioTrack and availableAudioTrack fields on the video node are always empty string; they start out empty on initialization and never change even if the audio track is changed. This doesn't feel like expected behavior.

I saw another user on the forums had the same problem and was directed to email roku directly back in March. I thought i'd give the forums one more shot before I emailed roku as well.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
bbrouse
Visitor

Re: audioTrack and availableAudioTracks never populate

For anyone else who stumbles on this issue I received this feedback from RokuCo:

We've identified this issue as a firmware bug and at its current prioritization, it set to be fixed in our Spring release. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

So looks like we'll have to wait a few months to be able to track a user's audio track selections.
0 Kudos