Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

SG Timeout on playing a video

Hello, since Firmware 8.0 when my scenegraph app is told to play a video it is timing out after 30 seconds.  Does playing video need to be done in a task node now?  If I tell it to play a couple times after the initial timeout then it plays ok.  It is set up to pull from the LAN.  Firmware 7.7 didn't have this issue.  I also notice in the debugger it is throwing up a whole lot more warnings than it did before - did you guys turn on extreme debug log messages (like image size is larger than display resolution) ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: SG Timeout on playing a video

Also, not to complicate the thread, but it still does the loud chirp/crackle/pop when unpausing, and it lags to a single frame pause (slowing down in nifty matrix mode first), and then the audio starts up again and it resumes skipping missed frames during playback.  Have you reduced the ethernet speed for local streaming to say, 30kbps instead of the 100 mbps ethernet?  Perhaps Roku shouldn't be the local streaming solution we've been using for years and we should just replace it with something else?
0 Kudos
bojancv
Visitor

Re: SG Timeout on playing a video

Any info on the video timeout issue? 
0 Kudos