Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

2017 Q3 ad revenue

Has anyone received their 2017 Q3 ad revenue payment?  I haven't and I'd say it's pretty late.  My original contract states payment within 45 days, but I know they've pushed that back to 60 for later contracts.  Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

-JT

Edit: I meant Q3; the quarter that ended September 30th. I edited my post.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: 2017 Q2 ad revenue

I was just getting ready to post about this...

In August we launched an ad-supported channel that did really well.   In fact, it did so well that we had to sign a custom deal with Vimeo because we were burning 30 times their allowed limit.

We assumed that our Ad payments would be out in October (like the subscription payments).  When they didn't show up we asked and were told:

Ad payments are made quarterly and sent out 60 days after the end of quarter for partners who reached the $100 minimum threshold.  The payments for Q3 should go out around November 30th.

We get the daily impression report so I know they owe us well over the "$100 minimum" but the 30th came and went with no money.    I contacted Partner Success (who is usually good with answers) and I got in response:

Regarding Ads:  We have been integrating new systems, and are working hard to resolve payment delays. Our goal is to establish a system in which all payments are distributed with accuracy, and in a timely manner. Future questions about advertising revenue may be directed to **********.

There isn't much we can do at this point, so we are exploring our options on how to proceed. 
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

Add me to the list too.

I have had ads running since the beginning of Direct Publisher and still have seen no payment although I see plenty of evidence in my weekly report that I should be seeing some revenue kickbacks.  I get the same runaround BS with every email I send, but does no good. 

Until Roku can figure out how to pay out as described in their "contract", I would avoid using it.

I'm just curious if their wallet was getting fatter with each ad that I served on my channel?
0 Kudos
renojim

I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I'm willing to cut them a little slack. If they claim they are "integrating new systems", then maybe things will improve. Believe me, it has gotten better, although I know nothing about the Direct Publisher stuff. My biggest beef all along has been that we developers are completely in the dark about the whole process. If they know the payments are going to be late, why not send out some emails or, at the very least, make a post here? I know not all developers would see it, but a lot would and they've made similar posts about other payment delays/issues in the past.

-JT

0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

"renojim" wrote:
If they know the payments are going to be late, why not send out some emails or, at the very least, make a post here?  I know not all developers would see it, but a lot would and they've made similar posts about other payment delays/issues in the past.

My thoughts as well.   And the fact we have no idea of when these new systems will be implemented.   If I have to wait a few weeks, so be it, but if I have to wait 6 months, that is way outside of our budget restraints.   Had I known this was such a mess I would have kept focusing on the subscription model.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Same here. I got 2nd quarter but I'm still waiting for the 3rd one. I contacted Roku desk, got same answer and I'm still waiting...
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

I got a response today.   Payments have cleared AP and should be out in the next few days (as long as you're over the $100 minimum).
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Re: 2017 Q3 ad revenue

Has anyone's come through yet?
0 Kudos
ashokiptv
Visitor

may be next week. I got message from them
0 Kudos
renojim

I received the notice of payment on Monday (12/18) and the money was in my bank account on Tuesday. Hopefully everyone else did as well.

-JT

0 Kudos