Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

RokuNB

Re: Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Komag wrote:
Why is almost every comment here from a new account with only one post? It almost seems like spam.

Because "You never read about a plane that did not crash" :)
Similarly, people don't go to Twitter to complain their Roku is working fine.
When one has a problem, there is incentive to do the extra steps to reach out looking for a solution.

We would like to help the developers inadvertently affected by tightened counter-piracy measures on the player. Please PM RokuTomC here (click the letter envelope in top right corner) and email partnerSuccess at roku.com regarding the issue - and i trust it will be resolved through direct communication. Don't forget to post back here when your issue was resolved  8)

slim94

Re: Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 pm

really not impressed with this move -- guess it's time to return this device!

RokuNB

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 pm

I followed up with our dev.relations and was told that about a dozen people have contacted us about this but when researched further, not one of them has turned out to be a genuine developer, i.e. they did not have a published channel or a bona fide app under development.

Turns out some additional security measures are in place to curb organized content piracy, since side-loading was being abused by some apps to circumvent restrictions.