Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bojancv
Visitor

Force Trickplaybar refresh?

Is there a way to force the trickplaybar to refresh before manually showing/hiding it?

I am controlling the playback via a mobile app and thus have encountered the trickplaybar not showing problem when controlling the video player programmatically (pause/resume for ex).

I've ventured around the problem via some "hacks" suggested here on the forums, by attaching the trickplaybar to my own hud holder and observing the visibilityHint so i can animate the show/hide of the trickplay bar. The trickplaybar gets properly updated if i press controls on the remote but it doesnt update its values otherwise (current position or play/pause status).

I've went through the docs, printed various fields to find any hint of how to update the trickplay bar fields but with no success.... is there a known way to mimic the the trickplaybar update via the remote? I suppose that the video player updates the trickplaybar before showing it after it processes the received key event but there are no trickplaybar fields i can update myself even?

Note: i am aware i can send ECP commands and thus mimic the behaviour but this will only work with play/stop/pause/resume, i need a programmatic way to do it since my mobile app enables seek functionality and i would like to show the updated trickplaybar once the user issues the command from the app.
0 Kudos