Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase roURLTransfer timeout

Hi,

Is there a way to increase roURLTransfer's timeout?

The default seems to be 3 seconds, and in looking at the API, I've not found a way to change that. I must be overlooking something.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Increase roURLTransfer timeout

Timeouts for the render thread are 3 seconds.  Timeouts for the task thread are 30 seconds.  Run the rourltransfer in a task thread.
0 Kudos

"destruk" wrote:
Timeouts for the render thread are 3 seconds.  Timeouts for the task thread are 30 seconds.  Run the rourltransfer in a task thread.

I think I see what may be happening. I'm using the async functions for fetching data from the URL transfer object. I'm creating and running the URL transfer object within a task, but I'm also creating a message port to receive the async results. This is because I need the headers and the response code.
Could the URL transfer object using a message port cause it to run in a different thread and thus use the 3 second timeout?
0 Kudos

Sorry, please disregard this thread. I realized that there was a different reason for my requests timing out. It didn't have anything to do with roURLTransfer.
0 Kudos