Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balbant
Streaming Star

Is it possible to change default behaviour and direction of ScrollingLabel node?

I am working for Roku Scene Graph application. I used "ScrollingLabel" node, it is scrolling label text right to left until the end of the string is visible, then transition back to the partial string with the end then it transitions to the full string.
Is it possible to change default behaviour and direction of scrolling? I want to scroll text right to left like marquee for example-direction of same as it scrolling text...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Is it possible to change default behaviour and direction of ScrollingLabel node?

The documentation implies that this cannot be done with the ScrollingLabel, there is no mention of it nor any fields that would enable it.
You could make a custom component that does what you want.  A lot trickier than just using ScrollingLabel but will give you much more control over the behavior.
aspiring
0 Kudos