Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tay
Visitor

9 patch image used as focus ring overlaps poster

I am using a 9 patch image as a focus image for a rowlist component. The 9 patch image works well at 720P display resolution, once the resolution is changed to 10180 P, the 9 patch focus image overlaps the right poster. 

Is there a solution to this problem?  How can I validate the 9 patch image I am using is valid? 
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: 9 patch image used as focus ring overlaps poster

Yes, you need to edit/customize the 9patch image file - use Patchworker and stretch the border around the interior and re-save it.
https://www.digitalsquid.co.uk/patchworker/

This problem was reported to Roku about a year ago.
0 Kudos
tay
Visitor

Thank you @destruk for the response in this one. My 9-patch issue is happening on roku premiere+ only.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Yup.  You will still need to differentiate between that and the 9patch you are loading.
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

This appears to be an issue in the firmware with ui autoscaling and 9-patch images.

Most channels I work with are only 
ui_resolutions=fhd

In this case, 9-patch images appear to not scale correctly for 720p UI so I always have to make multiple versions of the 9-patch images, then use:
uri_resolution_autosub=$$RES$$,sd,hd,fhd
0 Kudos