Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DadOfTwo
Visitor

Packaging with genkey and Roku account question

Hi all

When packaging an app for release (to private or public channel) does the box that is executing the `genkey` command need to be associated with the Roku developer account that the app is due to be published on?  ... Reading that back that's as concise as I can make that sentence! 😉

For example I have a box with an associated Roku account of test@test.com
The genkey is generated on the box with test@test.com.
And I publish the app on a Roku channel with a Roku developer account of john@smith.com

Is the important detail that the app will need to be packaged (or rekeyed) on a box with the correct Dev Id and password and that the Roku account on the box has no bearing of where that app can be installed?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Packaging with genkey and Roku account question

"DadOfTwo" wrote:
Is the important detail that the app will need to be packaged (or rekeyed) on a box with the correct Dev Id and password and that the Roku account on the box has no bearing of where that app can be installed?

^^^ That

As long as you rekey the box using a previous package and the appropriate password, the rest doesn't matter.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DadOfTwo
Visitor

Thanks, JT.
0 Kudos
vinodmangalath
Binge Watcher

i have lost both developer id and password of previous published channel package. i want to update the channel but its shows developer id of the current packages doesn't match with previous one. is there any way to achieve previous developer id and password through .pkg file.

0 Kudos