Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xavier
Visitor

roUrlTransfer payload limitation ?

Hi,

I want to make a POST request with a payload / body request that is kind of huge in terms of number of characters (around 1200). I am using AyncPostFromString but I got a 500 response from my server. The same payload against the exact same server is working just fine if I am using a plugin like Advance Rest Client or Postman.
I have made some test and reduce my payload and found out that if payload size in less than 1024 characters t is working just fine, if it is higher than 1024 characters it just fails...
I hava also tried with AsyncPostFromFile but same results...
For info, I am not able to check logs on server side yet (need to go through several people to get access to logs). 

Anyone already experienced that and is there a way to by pass that and allowing big payload ?

Thanks

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roUrlTransfer payload limitation ?

"xavier" wrote:
Hi,

I want to make a POST request with a payload / body request that is kind of huge in terms of number of characters (around 1200). I am using AyncPostFromString but I got a 500 response from my server. The same payload against the exact same server is working just fine if I am using a plugin like Advance Rest Client or Postman.
I have made some test and reduce my payload and found out that if payload size in less than 1024 characters t is working just fine, if it is higher than 1024 characters it just fails...

Make sure that the roUrlTransfer object is not being disposed immediately.

If you create the roUrlTransfer object, call Async*, then exit the function (or otherwise release the object) without holding on to a reference that it would likely abort the transfer.

Otherwise, there is not any such small limit on the transfer size that I'm aware of.
0 Kudos
ForumUser
Visitor

I am also facing the same problem, in AyncPostFromString if the payload size is greater than 1024 then i am getting 500 response.If it is less than 1024 size then it succeed. I checked with server team but they are saying during failure time they are not getting any request.Please help me in this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

1024 bytes is way too small to bother with Async methods.
There is something else wrong there.

500 is internal server error.
Use packet sniffer (e.g. WireShark) to see what's going on. Read server's debug logs
0 Kudos
HEMANJAYAM
Reel Rookie

AsyncPostFromFile works
0 Kudos