Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajitg_4557
Channel Surfer

how to launch one channel from another & comeback to previous channel on Back button

hi, guys
     I am launching a channel from another channel.it's work fine.
     but whenever press back button on the recently launched channel,(with expectation)it should go to the previous channel.

thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: how to launch one channel from another & comeback to previous channel on Back button

yeah, you can't do that.
aspiring
0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: how to launch one channel from another & comeback to previous channel on Back button

You might be able to use Deeplinking special field to set an argument in the launch url

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Deep+Linking

http://<IP of Roku>:8060/launch/?special=<channel to return to ID>

You could check if this is present  and then set conditional if present on back button launch previous channel.
function main(args={})

If back_button_pressed and args.special<>invalid  then launchChannel(args.special)
end function 

Though Certification asks you to return to "Roku Home menu" if back button is pressed on top level screen. Maybe a "Dialog box" asking if user wants to return home or to previous channel 
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

that solution seems great though I'm nearly certain that certification doesn't allow launching a different channel. 
aspiring
ajitg_4557
Channel Surfer

thanks to all for your quick response.

but I have seen this scenario in some Roku channel, like IFOOOD TV channel
this is the channel store link of ifood tv. you may see in this.
please, you guys look in it.

thanks again.
0 Kudos

This is so annoying; especially on game day!!!!!!!

0 Kudos