Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amygo
Visitor

How to use the .PKG file?

Roku Ultra 2018:  I am new to Roku development.  I have side loaded channels.  and packaged code into a .PKG file.  I have also created a private channel, however, I wanted to commit my "packaged" code to the new private channel.  How can I do that?  Also, can the scripts loaded for a private channel be replaced in one way or an other?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to use the .PKG file?

If you created a private channel in your developer account, just do a "Package upload" with your new package.  Click on Submit to "commit" the new package.  Make sure you update the version number in the manifest or you won't get the new version when you do a "System update" on your box.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
amygo
Visitor

Thanks JT,
That's what has been mentioned, however, where is the "package upload" option?  
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

After you go to "Manage My Channels", click on "Preview and Update" next to the channel you want to update, then choose "Package Upload" from the "Preview and Publish" drop-down list. You may have noticed, the developer website absolutely blows.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
amygo
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
After you go to "Manage My Channels", click on "Preview and Update" next to the channel you want to update, then choose "Package Upload" from the "Preview and Publish" drop-down list.  You may have noticed, the developer website absolutely blows.

-JT

I now realize what my issue was.  Due to inexperience I had chosen "Direct Publisher" instead of "Developer SDK".  
0 Kudos