Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lim
Visitor

wrong remaining time on player progress bar

when I play a dash stream, roku player shows wrong remaining time on progress bar - "5h 45m"
And I founded that m.video.duration is set as 1.844674407371e+16
But if I play hls, the remaining time is shown correctly. And the m.video.duration is set correctly.
Does anyone know why the duration is set wrong and from where the player get this value?
I tested by changing m.video.content.length, but this value doesn't effect on progress bar.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: wrong remaining time on player progress bar

Did you try setting m.video.duration manually to see if it's reflected on the progress bar?
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lim
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
Did you try setting m.video.duration manually to see if it's reflected on the progress bar?

m.video.duration is marked as 'Read-Only' on Document, so I didn't think about set this by myself... hum... let me try.

And the result is...
I could change m.video.duration, but it is replaced by same big number.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

It sounds like a firmware error to me.  You are allowing the progress bar to be handled automatically instead of creating it custom?  The duration ought to be in seconds, but you can try setting it /60 to see if the overflow scientific notation changes.
0 Kudos
Lim
Visitor

For the update of this issue, I found it working fine after few days. But I don't know how and why....
0 Kudos