Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OddScott
Roku Guru

Channel Package Update Delay?

Is anyone else seeing a roughly 1 hour delay between uploading a new package file to an existing private/uncertified channel, and having the updated channel actually be updated (published) on a Roku device? Using SETTINGS-SYSTEM-SYSTEM UPDATE-CHECK NOW has no effect. There's no delay creating a brand new private/uncertified channel and publishing it, the delay only occurs when updating an existing channel.

(Edited 2/7/2019 to change title from "Private Channel Package Update Delay?" to "Channel Package Update Delay?")
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Private Channel Package Update Delay?

The last couple of days it's as if the private channels are on a different tier, and it alternates when they update. So  - i update a pkg, then go to manually update the Roku, and it says up-to-date, or it only downloads a public channel update. Trying again 10 minutes later gets the private channel update to download.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Package Update Delay?

After spending a few more days with this ongoing problem - both private AND public channels have this problem. I'm not noticing any significant difference between the two. No matter whether public/certified or private, it's been taking an hour or so after I upload a Pkg file before it's available on any device.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel Package Update Delay?

Maybe bots have bypassed the captcha and other measures to prevent mass-upload of channels?
0 Kudos