Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting: Adding a non-certified channel

I'm having trouble adding a non-certified channel to my device for testing purposes. I've already enabled it for all countries, including "Rest of the world". But when I try to add it I'm getting an error message stating "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region". Then I tried to reach Support (https://developer.roku.com/contact) and filled out the form, but was unable to submit it. The error dialogue message didn't say much, apart from the generic statement "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again". Status code: 400.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

Re: Troubleshooting: Adding a non-certified channel

Roku has an issue with their system since around last September with adding Private Channels. 
I have been working with them to fix the issue and unfortunately they did implement a fix but it didn't fix the issue for all users. Try adding the channel using the original vanity code. If that still doesn't work you could try raising the issue with their developer support team at partnersuccess@roku.com but they don't really want to support Private Channels anymore and will try to get you to make it Public. Good luck
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Re: Troubleshooting: Adding a non-certified channel

Set the languages to all too. The language restriction will limit it as well. If it is just for testing unleash the beast and check all the boxes in languages too.
0 Kudos