- VOD serving using HLS
- Support Roku Jugbar w/ Thumbs ( Trick modes )
- Support SSAI in sync w/ the thumbs @ #1
- Home brew SSAI @ HLS, SSAI is client targeted, and might slightly differ in duration (by few sec) from one client to the other
- SSAIs are bound with a #EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tag, on a per profile m3u8 basis
- BIF generation per the spec @ https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/media-playback/trick-mode.md
When no SSAI is applied all is working as expected, seeking using the BIF thumbs brings the video to the exact expected position, however, when SSAI is applied, seeking is done according to the original timeline totally ignoring the ingested ads duration ( and the bounding #EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tags ).
Given targeted ads, Is there any way to have the Roku player ignore the duration ingested by SSAI during trick mode playback ( when showing the thumbs ) ?
Is there any specific m3u8 attribute it expects? any other recommended approach to deal w/ targeted SSAI?