Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the "linking code"?

Jump to solution
I'm trying to get started with Roku SDK development and I'd like to link up my wife's Roku box.

This page https://owner.roku.com/Account/Players/ ... fault.aspx says:

"Link Player - Type the link code you see on your TV below."

I checked the settings / device info and found a 12-character serial number, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for:

"The linking code you entered is not valid. Please check the code displayed on your TV and try again."

So *where* on the TV is this code displayed?

I must be overlooking something obvious, because a search of these forums uncovered nothing, as did reading the SDK FAQ and the Roku FAQ. 😞
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Where do I find the "linking code"?

Jump to solution

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet.

Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on-screen to link your device to your Roku account.

For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
I believe you get the linking code when your first setup your Roku or when you attempt to go to the channel store for the first time.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thanks for the info; I'll see if we still have that code handy.

If not, is there some way to find out the linking code subsequently?
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Can you view the channel store? If so then you're already linked.

To get started with the SDK you need to enter the key sequence on the remote that is detailed in the docs. Push the keys at a regular rate, no long pauses between them, and you should see the developer mode page showing the IP of the device.

Use a web browser to connect to the IP and you should see the upload page.
0 Kudos
JLD2

Jump to solution

I can not find the linking code anywhere?  I'd like to link my laptop for travel and need it.  Can anyone tell me how to find it in my account?   

FB46

Jump to solution

@josephgrossberg wrote:
I'm trying to get started with Roku SDK development and I'd like to link up my wife's Roku box.

This page https://owner.roku.com/Account/Players/ ... fault.aspx says:

"Link Player - Type the link code you see on your TV below."

I checked the settings / device info and found a 12-character serial number, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for:

"The linking code you entered is not valid. Please check the code displayed on your TV and try again."

So *where* on the TV is this code displayed?

I must be overlooking something obvious, because a search of these forums uncovered nothing, as did reading the SDK FAQ and the Roku FAQ. 😞

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is there a question here or is this spam?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tommy4

Jump to solution

Link Code is not displayed on TV?

0 Kudos
Tommy4

Jump to solution

Link Code not displayed on TV?

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet.

Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on-screen to link your device to your Roku account.

For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?