Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
14nicholasse
Visitor

Corrupt Zip Archive

I was able to sucessfully install one of the pre-zipped sample applications, but when i unzipped, and then recompressed the folder, it would not appear on the home screen, and i looked at the debug info and it said that the archive was corrupt...I am on mac, i tried stuffit and archive utility...please help
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
MarkRoddy
Visitor

Re: Corrupt Zip Archive

"14nicholasse" wrote:
I was able to sucessfully install one of the pre-zipped sample applications, but when i unzipped, and then recompressed the folder, it would not appear on the home screen, and i looked at the debug info and it said that the archive was corrupt...I am on mac, i tried stuffit and archive utility...please help

Check that 'stuffit' used the 'zip' format when you regenerated the archive. I haven't used this tool to know if this would be an issue, but its wikipedia page says it uses it's own proprietary compression format

-Mark
0 Kudos
14nicholasse
Visitor

no, it is in the .zip format...
0 Kudos
MarkRoddy
Visitor

Have you tried installing using the makefile(s) that come with the demo apps? If you have 'make', 'zip', and 'curl' installed you should be able to do so from the command line.

Using the command line (I believe it's called 'Terminal' in OSX) cd into the rokudev/examples/source/audioapp and run 'make install'.

-Mark
0 Kudos
14nicholasse
Visitor

i tried that, i got this error:
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
0 Kudos
MarkRoddy
Visitor

Sounds like you're in the wrong directory. From the same directory, post the output of both the 'pwd' and 'ls' commands.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Also make sure there's no extra dotfiles in there, I got bit by the the first time I did an install. OSX sometimes likes to drop in an unexpected file.
0 Kudos
14nicholasse
Visitor

ohh.. i found out what was wrong...i was trying to make the whole directory, not the make file..thanks anywyas
0 Kudos