Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

roPosterScreen select fails

Help ! I created a "roPosterScreen" screen with 6 items in the ContentList. They all display fine but when I select items 1, 3, 5 it works as expected. When I select items 0, 2, 4 it fails. I inserted the following displays.

while true
? "wait for msg"
msg = wait( 0, port )
? "got msg 1"
? "got msg 2"
------ a bunch of code ------
end while

When the select works I get:

wait for msg
got msg 1
got msg 2

When it fails I get:

wait for msg
got msg 1

If I select it again, all I get is "got msg 1". I don't get the "wait for msg".
And like I said items 1, 3, 5 work fine.
It's like there is something wrong with the return stack.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: roPosterScreen select fails

We have not had any reports of "something wrong with the return stack".... I would double check your code to see if you are maintaining some state causing every other msg to work...

If you still have issues and think it's a BrightScript problem, if you post a test case I will take a look at it.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

Re: roPosterScreen select fails

I found out what was going on. I had to keep putting in "stop" statements until it failed. Inserted one before and one after a call to GetTo String(). The one before generated about 100 lines of BrightScript text. The one after generated 4 lines. For some reason if you try to access a bad http url, you lose telnet debug output, which is very misleading. So because of the missing output, I was looking at code off in left field for about a week.
0 Kudos