Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philsoft

FF error on lengthy video

If I FF beyond the 2hr and 15min mark in a movie and try to resume from there, I get the following error.

MP4 demux: sample overflow; corrupt file

This happens on every video I have tried of that length (3 so far). The video can PLAY to the end without error, it is ONLY an issue when using FF.

This is on content that I encoded myself, and there is no "frame view" (BIF?)
Is this a known issue?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: FF error on lengthy video

Are you able to reproduce this on any Amazon content? I tried a few movies and didn't see a problem seeking beyond 2:15.

--Mark
0 Kudos
philsoft

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Are you able to reproduce this on any Amazon content? I tried a few movies and didn't see a problem seeking beyond 2:15.

--Mark

No, I don't have any content that long from Amazon, but it has been tried on "All the right Stuff" by RokuJon and he could not repro on that title. It is only on content that I am encoding, and it doesn't have the little film strip when FF'ing (I think it is called BIF or something like that). I have repro'ed it on 4 separate videos now. It isn't a big deal for me, but I thought it might be something you guys would want to look at.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Can you put one of these files on a server and PM me a link to it?
0 Kudos
philsoft

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Can you put one of these files on a server and PM me a link to it?

OK, give me some time, they are 2 1/2 GB and I have to upload them.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

What are you using to serve up the file? You may be running into a 2G limit someplace (fs, web server, roku player).
0 Kudos
philsoft

"bcl" wrote:
What are you using to serve up the file? You may be running into a 2G limit someplace (fs, web server, roku player).

Serving the DVP from a mongoose server on a Win 7 64-bit machine.
0 Kudos